Remita, Africa’s leading FinTech firm, is showcasing its solutions at the first ever Inter-African Trade Fair in Cairo, Egypt at the Al Manara International Conference Centre, from December 11-17, 2018, as John Obaro, the company’s Managing Director will address the global audience on the “Blockchain solutions for Africa” at the seven-day event.
Analysis by the African Export-Import Bank (Afreximbank) shows that one of the main reasons why intra-African trade is low at around 15% compared to Europe (59%), Asia (51%), and North America (37%), is because of lack of access to trade and market information.
To address this challenge, Afreximbank has decided to, among other initiatives, convene the Intra-African Trade Fair every two years to provide trade and market information and connect buyers and sellers from across the continent.
The Intra-African Trade Fair is the first of its kind in Africa, and it comprises a 7-day trade show that provides a platform for sharing trade, investment and market information and enabling buyers and sellers, investors and countries to meet, discuss and conclude business deals.
Intra-African Trade Fair also provides an opportunity for exhibitors to showcase their goods and services, engage in business to business (B2B) exchanges and conclude business deals.
Remita, Africa’s leading FinTech firm, is the only FinTech firm in Nigeria that is attending and showcasing its solutions at the first ever Inter-African Trade Fair in Cairo, Egypt at the Al Manara International Conference Centre.
John Obaro is equally the only Managing Director of a FinTech company from Nigeria that will address the global audience at the seven-day event.
YOU MAY ALSO READ: Remita & Access Bank Ghana Launch Access Bank Remita Payroll
Intra-African Trade Fair provides a platform for entry into a single market of over one billion people joined together under the African Continental Free Trade Area. Primary objectives of the Intra-African Trade Fair include:
- To bring together continental and global players to showcase and exhibit their goods and services, and to explore business and investment opportunities in Africa
- To serve as a marketplace where buyers and sellers of goods and services meet and explore business opportunities
- To provide a platform for B2B exchanges and development of business opportunities
- To share trade, investment and market information with stakeholders including investors, SMEs, the informal sector, Africans in Diaspora, and to identify solutions to address the challenges affecting intra-African trade
- For Afreximbank and other financial institutions, to share information about their trade finance and trade facilitation interventions that will support intra-African trade
- To discuss topical issues affecting intra-African trade and provide practical and effective solutions
- To deploy multi-country and multi-company pavilions that will serve as one-stop shop for intra-African trade and investment opportunities in Africa